Access 2020 is an advocacy campaign to increase the ACR and ARP's access to decision-makers and the rulemaking process in the 116th Congress through RheumPAC.
Our goal is to raise $300,000 and have 900 members participating in RheumPAC by the end of 2020. To stay on track, RheumPAC needs to raise $150,000 from 450 participants in 2019.
So far in the 116th Congress, the College is excited to work with lawmakers to:
• Increase reimbursements to our members through the Physician Fee Schedule after a long plateau
• Codify exceptions to step therapy
• Streamline the prior authorization process
• Restore adequate reimbursement to private practices for Medicare-required osteoporosis testing
• Address the workforce shortage
• Broaden access to funding for biomedical research on rheumatic diseases
About RheumPAC: the ACR and ARP's Political Action Committee
RheumPAC is the ACR’s nonpartisan political action committee (PAC) that works to elect and support pro-rheumatology candidates. It is the only PAC dedicated to the interests of the rheumatology profession. RheumPAC was created in 2007 with the mission of educating, electing, and supporting federal lawmakers who understand and can positively address the issues that impact rheumatology care providers and their patients.