Thanks for visiting the RheumPAC website, we hope you can make a donation today!
RheumPAC is the ACR’s nonpartisan political action committee (PAC) that works to elect and support pro-rheumatology candidates. It is the only PAC dedicated to the interests of the rheumatology profession. RheumPAC was created in 2007 with the mission of educating, electing, and supporting federal lawmakers who understand and can positively address the issues that impact rheumatology care providers and their patients.
During the 117th Congress, the American College of Rheumatology is excited to work with lawmakers to:
- Ensure that the increased Medicare reimbursement for E/M services remains implemented
- Extend telehealth flexibly and payment parity beyond the healthcare pandemic.
- Streamline the prior authorization process in Medicare.
- Codify exceptions to step therapy requirements where patient health is at-risk.
- Expand Medicare funding for GME to increase the medical workforce by 30,000.
- Fully fund the Pediatric Subspecialty Loan Repayment Program
- Create drug pricing policies that reduce patient costs while preserving access to care.
- Increase federal funding for programs engaged in vital research to combat rheumatic diseases.
Every single dollar raised goes directly to carefully chosen campaigns that maximize our reach (no overhead or administration costs). With so many new faces in Congress and different legislators in key leadership positions, it will be especially important that RheumPAC continue to build relationships with the offices of the many healthcare policy stakeholders. We hope you are able to contribute today!
Have additional questions? See our Frequently Asked Questions document below or contact Dan Redinger, Manager of Advocacy & Political Affairs at email@example.com.